1/06/2012

RAW Bars


I didn’t not follow this recipe exactly because I did not have the exact ingredients and I’m a saver of money…I use what I have first and have learned to cook better over the years because of it.  I instead used more raisins, some soaked, some not.  I added pumpkin seeds and whole flax seeds.  I didn’t have unsweetened coconut so I used sweet instead.  I didn’t have tahini so I used coconut mana.  I also added spirulina for added nutrition hence the green color of my raw bars.

Ingredients
1 cup almonds (soak for an hour then discard soak water)
1 cup dates (soak for an hour then discard soak water)
1/2 cup raisins (dry)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup buckwheat groats
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/3 cup raw wheat germ (contains gluten) or 1/3 cup ground flax seeds (flax seed meal)
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1.  After soaking and draining almonds and dates, process semi-wet almonds and dates in your food processor. This won't be very fun. Be sure to scrape the sides. You don't need them to be totally processed, just process well enough--similar to how you'd process to make a raw pie crust. You should smallish chunks of dates and raisins.
2.  Transfer almond/date mixture into a big mixing bowl.
3.  Add everything else to the big mixing bowl and just mix with a spoon or even your hands.
4.  Spread granola bars into two glass dishes.
5.  These raw granola bars can be eaten as is--undehydrated or you can cut and dehydrate these raw granola bars to make a more traditional crunchy granola bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment