1/11/2012

An update on my RAW life...

My RAW life has been going pretty well with the exception of a few bumps in the road.  I am taking a slight break from my every day postings as this week has been very difficult for me.  As some of you may know I have six children which are the light of my life and aside from God my every things.  Over the course of this last week every single one of them has been sick at some point.  Earlier in the week I too was sick and found it difficult to reach for a smoothie when I really wanted something hot to soothe my throat.  


Out of 6 kids, I have 3 well and 3 still sick at this time.  I'm taking the rest of this week off to continue getting them well.  This doesn't mean I will be eating whatever I want...it just means that I won't be focusing on my RAW blog or logging what I'm eating.  I'm still finding that naturally I am eating around 85% of my daily intake as RAW foods only and I'm very happy with that.  I'm hoping that by Sunday or Monday every child is well and I can get to the grocery store to stock back up on what I need for me.
 
I look very forward to getting back to my blogs and yes, I have been taking pictures of my food, haha, but I just haven't had a chance to get them on the computer.


Okay, I've gotta go.  The dishwasher broke today in this house we are renting and I've got a stack of dirty dishes in the sink and a whole dishwasher full to take out and wash too. NOT what I call relaxing, but I'll just pretend I'm a wonderful, patient mother, washing dishes looking out the window at my beautiful garden while my children play and my husband tends to the farm chores.  I love that dream...maybe one day it will be my reality....until then, I'll stare out the window at the house only 8 feet away and thank God for my home, my family and my precious friends that surround me with love and lots of laughter.  I have so much to be thankful for...God is so very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment