1/05/2012

Gone RAW - Day 8


My 30 Day RAW Challenge – Day 8
 MY FOOD
Breakfast –  Green Smoothie (2 Bananas, 6 oz Berries, 1/2 C Coconut Water, 1/2 C Apple/Carrot Juice, 2 oz Spinach)
Morning Snack – Apples & Oranges  & Homemade dry cantaloupe (YUM!  Taste kind of like chewy sweet candy!)
Lunch – Homemade RAW bar x 2 Pictured on top of the afghan I have been working on since November.  Slow and steady wins the race, right?  (You can find the recipe HERE.)
Afternoon Snack – Apples & Oranges
Dinner – Leftover RAW Spanish Rice found HERE.
Evening Snack – 3 Dried Apricots, 1 oz Cashew pieces, 1 Apple, 1 Date
Water – 48 ounces
MY EXERCISE:
No formal exercise today
MY RESULTS:
I weighed but forgot to measure this morning!  Dangit!  I don’t want to measure now…but I guess I could see what the numbers are anyway.  You can find my results HERE.
SUMMARY:
Today I have felt pretty good.  It’s been a CRAZY day as once a week I do my coffee enemas and this was the day meaning less time for me to get my house and mom stuff done…meaning I feel even further behind than I usually do.  Then on top of that my son threw up this morning…in my bed…yeah, not fun.  THANKFULLY, we listened to the mattress salesman who talked us into buying a DRI-FIT mattress cover!!! PRAISE THE LORD!  So…my mattress is still beautiful and the sheets are washed!  Yay!
I have to admit that I failed yesterday.  Not royally, but I did slip.  Everyone was playing outside after dinner and I came in to start dishes.  My son got a roping dummy for Christmas and some nights my husband goes outside and tries to rope all the kids while they run around and then we all take turns working on our roping skills with the dummy.  Well after I came in my daughter comes inside crying.  She’s three years old and she had gotten hurt on her sweet little finger.  Here’s my doll baby, Libby today eating a banana muffin her Daddy made!  He makes the BEST muffins and I will post that recipe even though it isn't RAW HERE.
Anyway, I consoled her and then started racking my brain for what kind of little sweetness I had anywhere in the house to give her since I hadn’t made anything sweet for after dinner.  My mind went back to the candy corn in the WAY back of the pantry and I offered her a few.  She gladly took them and then went to tell her brothers.  While she was outside I popped a few in my mouth without thinking.  Then I remembered my challenge.  I was sad because I had broken my challenge, but then I decided I’d have a couple more.  To be honest, I don’t think there is anything wrong with sweets in moderation.  I know I will allow myself some indulgences after this challenge, but I really did want to try and make it 30 days.   Even still, I am very, very proud of myself.  I have never gone this long without manufactured sugar and I’m very happy with my results this past week.

I’ve also been sleeping really well.  Even having a couple kids with colds (which I treated without meds, thank you "Mommy Diagnostics" by Shonda Parker LINK), I’ve felt great!  My husband says he likes how much more positive I am about myself while eating RAW.  I have to admit that I can be hard on my physical self.  I can put myself down if I feel bloated, fat or whatever.  It’s been a problem my whole life.  I never had horrible issues with my weight, but I was never scrawny like other 12-15 year old girls back in that time of my life.  During those years I had a very negative self image of myself.  If it wasn’t my hair, then it was my weight that got picked apart my others my age.  Not their fault at all that I’ve struggled with my self-confidence…but I know it did play a part.  Now, at 35 years old (ZOINKS, did I just admit to that???) I think it's just a bad habit.  I don’t think I’m ugly by any means, but I’m just critical of myself.  I see all the flaws…that no one else notices I guess and I am learning to look through different lenses and see the way God see’s me.  The way I want my kids to see themselves.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment